Since many of the components of an air conditioner are hidden from your view, it’s easy to forget that it’s a complex mechanical and electrical system. Your air conditioner has a lot of components: coils, capacitors, motors, wires, and much more. And if one of these parts is not in good condition, the entire system can suffer.
When one part of an air conditioning system is in trouble, you might not notice. But over time, a small failure can force the entire system to shut down—right when you need it most!
How can you detect an air conditioning problem early on, if you can’t notice a difference in the operation of your AC? Air conditioning maintenance! This professional HVAC service includes:
- An inspection – A technician will look over your system and report back to you if anything is in need of repair.
- Adjustments – You might need to get some adjustments to your AC system to make it run smoothly. For example, a technician may lubricate motors or tighten electrical connections.
- Cleaning – Chances are high that the outside coil in your AC system has collected dust and debris and needs to be cleaned off professionally.
So how does this help you? Having a professional clean out and adjust your air conditioner may allow you too:
- Pay less for cooling – In the summer, AC use can make up the largest portion of your bills. Fine-tuning the system may allow the parts to use less energy as they work together smoothly.
- Find out about problems early – If there are problems with your system, you’ll learn about them early on so that you can schedule repairs. Ultimately, you’ll prevent a breakdown, and you won’t have to deal with the hassle of a broken system in the summer if something is wrong.
- Prevent repairs – An inspection and tune-up may help to prevent the system from needing repairs by reducing wear and tear.
Call the friendly people at MarGo Plumbing Heating Cooling Inc. for AC maintenance in Cedar Grove, NJ, and get your air conditioner into better condition than it was before.