When you see a car roll down the street that’s rumbling, popping, and squealing as it rounds the corner, you’d probably think to yourself that this driver needs to go see a mechanic! Well, the same can be said about a heating system, and if your heater is running with any loud or uncomfortable sounds coming from it, then we’re here to say that something is wrong.
Sure, there are some normal noises. The sound of air gently wafting in from the vents is a sound that you should probably hear. There really isn’t a way for air to reach your home’s rooms in a quieter way than that. Also, the faint “click” of your heater turning on is a normal sound to encounter. But most of every other noise is a signal that you need heating repair in Caldwell, NJ, and here’s why.
Noises Are Your Heater Telling You Something Is Wrong
Before we get into some examples of common problems that come from noisy heaters, we want to be absolutely clear. When you hear sounds coming from your heating system, it’s usually a very good reason to call our team for professional support. Your heating in Caldwell is vital to keeping your home warm and comfortable throughout the winter, and having a professional on-hand to deal with these issues is invaluable if you’re trying to stay comfy for the foreseeable future.
Now, let’s talk about some noises that you might encounter and what they mean.
- Buzzing heater. Regardless of the type of heating system you have, they all require electricity to simply turn on and start running. This is even true for natural gas fueled systems. However, if your heater tries to turn on and just starts buzzing, you can bet that there’s an electrical problem occurring which is going to be a hassle going forward. This is a quick fix for pros like us.
- Grinding or whirring heater. When you hear a grinding or whirring noise, it’s usually associated with a forced-air heating system that’s got a blower fan rubbing up against the system’s caging. Think of an old fan that’s starting to make noise as the blades make contact with the housing. This needs to be fixed before it turns into an even worse problem.
- A furnace that’s booming. A booming furnace means that ignition is being delayed due to a dirty or clogged gas injection system. This can get very bad over time as your system buckles under the constant pressure from booming too often.
- A dripping boiler. If you hear a “dripping” noise and you’ve got a boiler system, chances are there’s a leak somewhere. These can be nearly impossible to detect sometimes, so you’re better off having our team locate and repair the leak ourselves.
- A bubbling or hissing heat pump. Heat pumps run on refrigerant, which means that if it’s bubbling or hissing, it’s leaking refrigerant and air is entering into the refrigerant lines. This is bad no matter the season it takes place in, and our team can patch the leak and recharge your system full of refrigerant!
Do you have a noisy heater? Call MarGo Plumbing Heating Cooling Inc. for support today!